martes, 20 de marzo de 2012

12 books I'm looking forward to in 2012 (Part 2)

(Disclaimer: English is my second language, so I want to apologize in advance for there may be mistakes in the text below. If you find any, please let me know so that I can correct it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

This is the second part of my list of books I'm looking forward to reading in 2012 (if you missed it, you can read the first part of the list).

Title: The Apocalypse Codex
Author: Charles Stross
Publisher: Ace
Date: July 3, 2012

The Atrocity Archives is one of my favorite books ever. I've been reading all the Laundry novels and stories and enjoying them immensely. I expect no less from this new installment. 

 
Title: At the Mouth of the River of Bees
Author: Kij Johnson
Publisher: Small Beer Press
Date: August 14, 2012

First collection of stories by one of the finest short fiction writers of the last decades. Including wonderful stories such as "26 Monkeys, Also The Abyss", "Spar" and "Names for Water", this is one is a must.

Title: The Eternal Flame
Author: Greg Egan
Publisher: Night Shade Books
Date: September 4, 2012

Second book of the Orthogonal series after the very good The Clockwork Rocket. Greg Egan is one my top 3 authors, and I always eagerly await his new novels.

Title: Great North Road
Author: Peter F. Hamilton
Publisher: MacMillan (?)
Date: September 21(?), 2012 

Not much is known about this novel which has been succintly described by Hamilton as "my monster in the dark book". Anyway, I'm already looking forward to reading it.

Title: The Hydrogen Sonata
Author: Iain M. Banks
Publisher: Orbit
Date: October 9, 2012  

Surface Detail was the best book I read in 2010 and one of the best Space Operas I've read in the last five years. With such an amazing title  as The Hydrogen Sonata I expect another great book of The Culture.

Title: Seeds of Earth
Author: Michael Cobley
Publisher: Orbit
Date: October ??, 2012

Actually, this is not a new book but a re-release. However, it is a wonderful chance to catch up with reading a Space Opera trilogy that I somehow missed when it was first published. Books 2 and 3 in the series will be also re-released in November and October, with an all-new novel (Warcage) coming in 2013.



(You can also read this post in Spanish/También puedes leer esta entrada en español)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario